The incoming lunar energies are strong. Are you feeling them?
Sunday December 03, is the actual full moon and a SUPERMOON at that. This means that the moon will appear larger and brighter due to its particular alignment to the sun. The December Full Moon is often referred to as the Full Cold Moon or Moon of the Long Nights Moon. The Zuni Indians referred to this time of the year as "sun has traveled home to rest”.
My Yoga teacher Gurumarka tells us that this moon governs the stomach meridian. The stomach works closely with the spleen and the large intestines to protect agains illness.
The stomach is the strongest organ so it can take a long time for disease to show up. It is the base for our emotional stability and where you sense emotion. This is a good opportunity to strengthen this meridian to avoid future problems.
- An interrupted flow of the stomach meridian.
- digestive problems
- addictive behavior
- stuffy nose/sinusitis
- Neck/arm/shoulder pain
- Emotionally feel anxiety
- Dry mouth
- Eat yellow/orange food like corn, squash, mango, banana, sweet potato, papaya, cantaloupe.
- Wear yellow clothes and carry or wear yellow stones like, amber, citrine, and yellow tourmaline.
- Avoid stress, irregular meals, quick eating, food that is too hot or too cold, coffee, red wine and eating before going to sleep.
- Yoga mudra is an excellent posture for balancing this meridian. 3-11 minutes
- Mul bandh, root lock.
- Any chanting with HAR at the navel.
- Fish Pose, long deep breath.
- Bow pose and rocking in bow while chanting SA TA NA MA.
This weeks Full Moon Community Healing Circle, Gong Bath and Mantra Meditation to heal ourselves and our global community will hold a special surprise.
We will gather on Thursday, December 07
at 6.45PM - 8.30PM
Golden Flower Tai Chi Center,
612 N. Trade Street, Winston-Salem NC.
Please bring a mat, blanket and $5 donation for the space.
There will we tea and a light snack after class.
I invite you to join us, Everyone is welcome!
Wishing you peace and love.
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.